There has been a debate about whether or not chemical free body wash actually works.
Is it better for you? What does it contain? Why would you use it?
To discover the truth and the answers to your questions, read on!
What Is The Best Organic Body Wash?
There is no brand name that is the best, it is all about the ingredients used in their products – the best brands are the ones that do not use harmful chemicals such as:
1. Lead – A high-density metal, which has toxic tendencies that can lead to permanent physical and mental health problems. Therefore, opt for products without it in their ingredients list!
2. Fragrance – It is a fairly broad spectrum, however, any company that lists it as just ‘fragrance’ in the ingredients is not obligated to say exactly what has been used to create it. That can lead to allergies and many more dangerous health issues, as chemicals are generally used to create artificial scents and fragrances.
3. Parabens – One of the most commonly used preservatives, as it prolongs the shelf life of many products. The problem with parabens are that they disrupt the balance of hormones (especially in women) and can lead to issues with fertility.
4. BHT’s – Are used to extend the shelf life of products, so they last longer. BHT’s are foreign antioxidants which can lead to permanent damage to the liver and other vital organs in our bodies, such as the kidneys and lungs.
5. Formaldehyde – Despite it being used to kill bacteria and make products last longer on the shelf, it is known to cause severe allergic reactions as well as worsen asthma. Not only that, but as you may remember, in school the dead creatures you dissected were usually preserved in it.
6. Phthalates – These chemicals are used in products to allow them to stay on our skin. They have softening properties, however, they are very dangerous, especially to children – they can lead to lung damage, as well as impact the kidneys and liver.
7. SLS and SLES – Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate are two common ingredients that cause skin and eye irritation, which can lead to dry patches appearing on the skin and changes to the skin’s overall pH level. They are added to most lathering products to help produce foam in shampoos and soaps etc.
8. Retinol and retinyl palmitate – if you see retinyl palmitate or retinol in one of your products, do yourself a favor and avoid using it. That is because it may lead to headaches, feeling dizzy, and in pregnant women and may be associated with some birth defects.
What Should Companies Use In Their Body Wash?
Instead, the companies should use some or many of the following organic ingredients, to ensure there is nothing harmful to their customers in their products while still attaining great results:
1. Liquid Castile Soap – this is the ingredient responsible for creating foam. It is one of the best ways to get a foamy product without the use of chemicals!
2. Honey – not only does it have moisturizing properties, but it also leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. It has been used as an ingredient in healing balms too, due to its repairing and antibacterial properties. Honey is one of the best ingredients to have in a product and it is perfect for dry and damaged skin.
3. Coconut milk – leaving the skin feeling elastic and soft, coconut milk has fairly high levels of vitamin A. It is great for people who suffer with acne, as it leaves the pores open as opposed to clogging them. It is also an amazing soother for skin that has been exposed to the sun for a bit too long!
4. Shea butter – if you are seeking an ingredient with both healing and moisturizing effect, you have found it. Shea butter is one of the best when it comes to keeping your skin hydrated, healthy and free of allergies due to it being very hypoallergenic.
5. Vitamin E Oil – it repairs and keeps the skin moisturized. Alongside that, it extends the shelf life of products without the use of chemicals, which is a very helpful property of vitamin E oil.
6. Carrier oil – a very absorbent type of oil that keeps the skin hydrated, it is so good at moisturizing that it may cause a decrease in your need to use extra moisturizers!
7. Essential oils – there are many different essential oils, all with various properties to suit everyone’s needs:
Lavender oil is great at relaxing and soothing achy muscles, while peppermint oil will leave you refreshed and will help you breathe easier. Lemongrass oil is recommended when you are feeling especially stressed or upset and tea tree oil can help you with acne problems and soothe irritated skin!
8. Olive oil – its moisturizing properties is one of the reasons why it is a popular ingredient in soap. The oil will leave the skin smooth and help prevent it from drying out.
9. Glycerin – a widely used ingredient that hydrates the skin and keeps the moisture in for a long time, therefore making it especially good for people with dry skin problems!
Chemical Free Body Wash – What Are The Big Benefits?
There are plenty of benefits not only for you and your family, but also for the environment. Some of the biggest benefits of using a chemical-free body wash are:
1. They generally don’t cause allergies or irritation, due to the lack of artificial chemicals.
2. They will allow you to exfoliate without drying out or damaging the skin.
3. They can be perfect for all kinds of skin types – no matter if it is dry, oily, sensitive or normal!
4. They can provide the skin with natural refreshment rather than artificial forced chemicalization.
5. Chemical free is the safest option for you – many toxic chemicals used in other washes have been shown to cause cancer and other serious problems.
6. It is not going to be tested on animals to check for harmful side effects and no animal fats are used in production. It is fully cruelty free!
7. Artificially produced ingredients have a very negative impact on the environment both when it comes to the manufacturing process of chemicals and distribution, as it mostly uses non-recyclable packaging. Therefore, they also reduce pollution caused during production.
Is Non-Toxic Body Wash Really That Much Better?
Non-toxic body wash is indeed much better. That is because it will not contain any artificial ingredients that can cause more damage than good. It will help you take care of your skin while protecting you from allergies, irritations or any side effects chemicals could cause.
Is Natural Organic Body Wash Better For Sensitive Skin?
Yes, without all the harmful, toxic chemicals it is much safer especially for sensitive skin. Alongside that, due to the artificially produced harsh cleaning agents being swapped with all-natural, soothing ingredients, the skin will be cleansed without causing allergic reactions or drying up of the skin.
Most of the ingredients used in natural organic body wash have healing, soothing and nourishing properties that will not only repair the skin, but keep it hydrated and protected. Instead of causing the skin to become dry. The truly natural ingredients do the opposite – hydrate and keep the moisture in, making your skincare easier.
Many chemicals used in body washes can negatively impact the pH of your skin. The ingredients of natural body washes prevent that – the pH will be restored and kept balanced at its optimal levels, helping with the natural protection of your skin, leaving it stronger and healthier.
Is Natural Organic Body Wash Better For Dry Skin?
Indeed! The essential oils and natural butters will nourish and moisturize the skin, helping with any dryness or irritation. There are plenty of ingredients for companies to choose from to get great results.
Most oils, such as coconut oil and argan oil will help the skin not only hydrate but also keep the moisture in, preventing the dry skin problems from happening in the first place.
Alongside that, ingredients such as honey and shea butter will help repair skin that has already been damaged.
Because of the absorbent properties of most natural ingredients, natural organic body washes will pretty much guarantee your skin will feel smooth and refreshed without leaving you with that unpleasant, oily feeling.
Is Natural Organic Body Wash Better For Acne?
Most definitely. Chemicals irritate your skin and cause allergic reactions, which is not ideal, especially to someone already suffering with acne. Your body is not used to artificial ingredients, as it doesn’t even know what they are. Your body developed over millions of years to use things found in nature, not manmade chemicals.
There are plenty of natural ingredients that work wonders when it comes to acne specifically: coconut milk, lavender oil, tea tree oil, honey and aloe vera – to name a few.
Natural organic body washes avoid ingredients that can worsen acne, such as products that absorb too much oil from your skin, essentially completely drying it out. Harsh chemicals in exfoliating products are also something to avoid, as they are too rough and can easily damage the delicate skin of your face and body.
Aside from that, ingredients in natural body wash do not tend to clog your pores, which is another issue with non-natural products. Acne gets much worse if your pores do not breathe, so make sure to use a light and delicate product that takes this into consideration.
Does Natural Exfoliating Body Wash Really Work?
Yes, a lot of them use steel cut oats, plant fibers and other ingredients to remove the dead dried up skin. Steel cut oats are oat grains that have been processed the least, only being cut up into tiny pieces using steel. They have a fairly firm texture, allowing for easy exfoliation, without damaging the skin.
Here is a list of some of the most popular exfoliants and their uses:
1. Coffee grounds – very effective on your skin, coffee grounds are very popular natural exfoliants. If you want to use them to exfoliate your lips, finer ground is recommended, as the skin is very delicate there. When it comes to the rest of the body, coarser coffee grounds may be used to effectively remove dead skin.
2. Finely ground sugar (white and brown) – similar to coffee grounds, sugar works as a great natural exfoliant when used correctly. Finer sugar grains can be used to make lip scrubs, while coarser grains to make body scrubs. That way, the dead skin is removed without the use of any harmful chemicals.
3. Finely ground sea salt – the same case as with coffee grounds and sugar, salt is yet another popular exfoliant. However, it is not recommended to use it when there are any cuts or breaks in the skin, as it may cause pain and irritation.
4. Cinnamon – antibacterial and effective against acne, cinnamon can easily be used in homemade face scrubs. It will help your skin become smooth and fully cleansed, while leaving it smelling wonderful without any artificial additives. Cinnamon can be used to exfoliate your body as well as face and lips.
5. Baking soda – if you want to effectively fight blackheads and acne, baking soda may be your weapon of choice. Because it is very fine, it can be used not only on the body, but also on your face – just massage it in delicately and watch your dead skin get gently removed!
It is recommended to use some nourishing and moisturizing products when using exfoliants, such as honey or coconut oil, in order to protect the skin from drying out and make it softer.
Overall, there is not much of a reason why you should not use chemical free body washes and other natural products. They help your skin get healthier and stronger, without the addition of any harsh chemicals that can cause your skin to scream for help.
In the end what you have to realize is; man made chemicals are generally harmful because they are just looking at their bottom lines. They make them as cheaply as possible to make mass market products with insane profit margins.
Their interests are not whether their products are actually good for you, but just whether or not they are legal and make a profit.
Natural companies have to make a profit too. But their goals are completely different. They want to make the most wholesome products possible that still make just enough profit to have a successful company.
When you talk with the company owners, their goals are not to get rich at the expense of others. They are to make the highest quality products that they are happy to have their friends and family’s use too.