Below we will definitively answer one of the biggest questions of all time. We will do it in a way that’s easy to understand and to implement into your everyday life. Many think that eating healthy and losing weight is a really hard thing to do that’s fraught with pitfalls and challenges. Instead we will actually show you just how easy it can be.
So, sit back, give yourself a few minutes to read this and your whole life might just improve.
Why would your whole life change?
You know that when you don’t look your best you certainly don’t feel your best and Vice Versa. If your diet is off and you feel terrible, tired and sluggish all the time you’re just not going to perform or live at optimal levels.
If you have any aspirations of creating something more with your life, no matter what that is, you’re going to need more energy to get it done. Definitely not less energy that you’ve had or have now, that’s for sure.
Disclaimer: The following is for educational purposes only. We are not attempting to diagnose, treat or mitigate any disease or illness. Please seek the advice or council of your nutritionally educated health care practitioner prior to engaging in any changes to your diet or exercise routines.
How Does Your Health Work Together Synergistically?
Yes, we will fly in the face of current political correctness, but the truth is the truth. Health is the absence of illness, disease and challenges just like dark is the absence of light. You cannot be fat, on several medications, need regular intervention and consider yourself healthy. That’s just not how it works.
Here are a few examples of how things are truly interconnected.
1. When you consume sugars, simple carbohydrates or carbohydrates that convert into sugars too quickly then you will spike insulin. Do this often enough and you could possibly change your insulin sensitivity and develop any one of several challenges such as type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
The over consumption of sugars led you to this problem. To lead yourself away from it consider doing the opposite.
2. Being overweight taxes several of your bodies systems, such as your cardiovascular system, sympathetic and parasympathetic systems as well as your CNS or central nervous system.
You can get obese enough so that it’s hard to breathe, had to walk, your heart has to work too hard, you sweat even in reasonably cool weather and much more.
These are all signs that your body’s systems are working too hard, and you need to make a change.
All of these systems are interconnected. There is no one system that operates 100% on its own, that’s just not how the body works. Understanding this is critical to understanding how one action, such as overeating, causes so many problems.
3. Your bodies systems rely on movement to remain strong and active. If you lead a sedentary life, you’re increasing your risks of all cause mortality several fold and in some unique cases as much as thousands of times.
You don’t even have to call it exercise. You can play catch with kids or fetch with your dog, go for long walks or bike rides whilst listening to your favorite book on tape.
Whatever you do, just start moving (after you consult your doctor of course). Very quickly you’ll start feeling better and when that happens it will become an addiction.
Your weight will start dropping off, your insulin sensitivity will generally improve, your body systems such as cardiovascular and others will improve.
None of your body systems are separate, they are all one. Improve one thing in your life such as moving more, and several body systems will all improve simultaneously.
What Does It Mean To Be Healthy?
Well, there are two ways to look at it but only one truth. There is maintaining a generally good state of health and then there is optimal health. Good health could best be described as having no illness, disease or malady that affects the bodies performance of its regular duties or affects it negatively in any way.
Optimal health could best be described as the body being fueled, trained and programed so as to reach its predisposed genetic maximums in every area that can be quantified and even those that as of yet can’t.
Each of us is genetically pre-set to a limit in every area of function unless we were to have experiences outside of these limited vassals, which is a subject beyond the scope of this article.
Most never reach their maximal predisposed genetic potential. Many of those that you see who look like they may have, such as professional bodybuilders have done so with drugs which does not count because they are also causing harm.
So, for most people, living a long healthy, happy life, free of disease and suffering is what they would consider being healthy, and who is to disagree with that.
As such, it is the definition of healthy that we will use for our discussion below.
How Did People Get So Sick And Out Of Shape?
Here we will give you a list of things that are either direct causes or probable or possible causes. Some of them you may not like hearing, but that doesn’t make them inaccurate.
1. The industrial and following technological revolutions, not the least of which were the development of the automobile and the computer caused people to not have to exert themselves as much or to even be able to work in a sedentary manner altogether.
This drastically cut down the amount of energy people had to expend to transport themselves or work at their jobs. This led to examples like, people not using scythes to cut grass or wheat any longer, but instead riding on lawnmowers and combines.
Or people not having to walk 5 miles each way to school but riding in an air-conditioned bus instead.
Or people not having to go fell trees, cut them, split them, haul and stack them to burn in their fireplaces or stoves to heat and cook. Instead, now you adjust a thermostat.
It may not seam like a big deal; however, these things have huge societal consequences when analyzed over multiple generations.
The difference in physical output in just one to three generations is nearly unfathomable. These have extraordinary affects on the health and wellbeing of people. How could they not?
2. The invention of sugars, oils and white flour had a huge effect on the health of the people that came in contact with them.
There are reference after reference of indigenous peoples showing their first ever signs of tooth decay just one year after they began trading for sugar and white flour. Then, the serious side effects of certain food oils are so well documented that you could write a book the size of War And Peace on the subject.
3. During what we call our modern era we have exacerbated the problem with video games, social media and cell phones.
Now, little to no effort is required to amuse yourself. No more building tree forts and racing our bicycles as kids. No, now they just work their thumbs on the latest touch screen and message their friends even when they are sitting right next to them.
Being popular takes little or no social skills anymore. Gay or straight, just put up a hot twerking video on a few platforms and millions of people will tell you they love you.
You may not think this has health consequences, but mental health may be the most important health factor of all.
Can you imagine the health challenges this next generation will have? Wow. We almost don’t even want to think about it.
Why Is Junk Food So Addicting?
Remember the sugar, white flour and food oils we spoke of earlier. Well, if you look at nearly every piece of junk food you will ever eat they are riddled with them. The vast majority have one or more of those or similar ingredients or things like concentrated artificial sweeteners that aren’t sugar but would not be used if sugar had not been invented first.
Well, it’s time to let you in on a little fact that most people never stop to think about.
Successful humans have always been the ones who could get fat fast.
By successful we mean the ones that survived.
You see, back in the old days when life was very much feast or famine people didn’t have access to continuous food supplies like we do now. They had famines like the great potato famine and many more throughout history.
Individual families, farms and towns had food shortages because of crop failures, bad weather, bad hunting and more.
So, when there was food, you had to put on fat fast, so that you could survive the next shortage. Women had to be even more efficient because they might be eating for two (pregnant).
The people who were best at getting fat lived and those who didn’t died. So, weight gain has literally been passed down to us genetically.
Then, science came up with these incredibly dense sources of calories and our get fat fast brains said YUM!
We like these things disproportionately because we know they are concentrated sources of calories that will help us survive.
The only bummer is, they’re bad for us and don’t allow us to build the right kind of fat that we can survive on.
However, because they will make you fat fast, you crave them.
Shouldn’t Junk Food Be Illegal?
No, people have the right to choose who and what they want to be. Even if it is bad for them, that right should not be infringed unless they are hurting another or their property.
But, from a pure health standpoint, yeah, it would make life so much easier. However, people have the right to smoking, drinking and other debaucheries, so, they enjoy or regret those same rights here.
What Is The Perfect Diet To Lose Weight And Be Healthy?
If you’re looking for a diet plan laid out with calories counted and macros checked for whatever the latest fad is, then this is not that. No one ends up following those things after a few months anyway because they are too restrictive, hard to follow and time consuming.
The best diet for weight loss and generating health is really quite simple. Your forefathers didn’t have weight loss watches, apps, or even computers and in many cases were in much better health than our generations are today.
So, here it is.
It’s easy, it’s simple, it makes perfect sense.
And these are all the reasons that you’ll be able to do it and end up sticking with it.
Eat Like A Caveman! (Or cavewoman as it may be).
The basics are very simple.
If you can’t pick it off of a bush or a tree, pull it up from the ground, spear it out of the ocean or chase it down and kill it, then don’t eat it.
The vegan version would of course just encompass: If you can’t pick it off of a bush or a tree or pull it up from the ground then don’t eat it.
What this is to say is that; you don’t eat processed foods, packaged foods, man made foods, or anything that doesn’t follow those guidelines.
You only eat the whole, unprocessed, unrefined food and nothing else.
Here is a list of examples to help you solidify this in your mind.
1. You don’t eat canned vegetables; you eat them fresh.
2. You don’t eat canned soup, chili, or other foods, you make them from scratch yourself.
3. You don’t drink bottled or packaged fruit juice. You either make your own or you eat the whole fruit which is even better.
4. You don’t drink soda, you drink water.
5. Instead of eating pasta you eat whole grains as their natural cereals.
6. You don’t eat breakfast cereal out of a box. Instead, you eat whole grains such as oats covered with fresh berries.
7. Instead of bread you eat whole grains such as brown rice, buckwheat and oats.
Here are a few rules.
1. Frozen whole foods are ok. You want fresh whenever possible. However, some things like berries are not possible to get year-round. So, whole frozen berries and similar foods are ok.
Many times, you can’t get fresh wild caught salmon, so you buy a bag of the frozen fillets.
Processed frozen foods are not ok.
2. Shop around the outside isles in the store.
Here’s what you’re going to notice is that; all of the inner isles contain most of the processed foods and outer isles that go around them contain the whole foods.
Don’t venture into the inner isles unless you need something specific like spices. For the most part avoid them.
3. Be prepared to prepare. On average you’re going to find that this type of eating takes about 10% more time to prepare because you’re not eating things that are pre-processed.
However, the benefits will far outweigh the small amount of extra time. The food will taste better from the very first time that you eat it, and most people start noticing health and digestion improvements within days.
4. You don’t fry anything in oil. Oil is not natural. You cannot go up to an olive tree, turn as spigot and have oil pour out. It is a concentrated source of calories that should not be cooked with as it changes the fat to a very bad trans-fat.
How To Diet On The Caveman Diet?
This is actually pretty simple.
1. Eat 3 to 4 times per day.
2. The protein on your plate should be no larger than the palm of your hand not including fingers or thumb and should be no more than 1 inch thick.
3. The grain portion of your meal should be the same size as the protein portion.
4. You may eat unlimited vegetables such as steamed broccoli, kale, mushrooms, onions and other true vegetables.
5. Please attempt to consume no more than 3 sugary fruits per day and 2 additional non sugary fruits. I.E. 1 apple, 1 pear and 1 banana as these are sweet, sugary fruits.
Then, 1 tomato and 1 bell pepper or 1 cucumber etc. These are fruits but are not sugary, they instead are savory.
6. If you’re exercising intensely and losing weight too fast, then feel free to add in a fifth meal per day.
Why It Works
By measuring with the palm of your hand you’ll naturally portion your foods to your frame and size.
You’re not consuming sugar, oil, white flour or other processed foods. You’re eating 100% naturally. This will allow you to get all of the nutrients you need to succeed.
Just Do It
Do this for 1 month and see the difference for yourself.